Good News Church is a family of believers following Jesus together in Woodstock, IL and we welcome you to come join us as we open God's Word together to hear the good news of who he is and what he has done through Jesus.
Currently, because of COVID-19, we are holding outdoor worship services and we'd love to have you join! We are holding them in the pastor's backyard: 841 N Madison St, Woodstock, IL. Park on the street and walk down the driveway. If it's raining, the service will be canceled. An announcement will be put on the top of the website.
Come at 10:00am to get set up and settle in. Bring your own lawn chair. We have a few extra chairs if you don't own one or forget. We'll start at 10:15am and the service will last about 45 minutes. The backyard is almost totally shaded at this time in the morning.
We have some directions and guidelines regarding health and COVID-19 that we are asking everyone to follow so please go over those below. The video also goes over them.
Here are the guidelines we will follow.
- Practice social distancing the whole time. Space your chairs a generous 6 feet apart.
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth when social distancing isn't possible, including kids who are 2 years and older.
- Wear a face covering while singing. Singing projects a ton of air and face coverings are the safest way to engage in this activity.
- Stay home if you have had any known exposure to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Stay home if you have had any COVID-19 like symptoms in the past 7 days (cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell).
- We won’t be providing childcare or children’s ministry at this time. Families should stay together as a unit during the service and small children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please bring your own entertainment for your kids.
- What I’d recommend is bringing a huge blanket to spread out as your “social distancing bubble” and use that as your play area for your family to stay within.
- We do have a play set but are going to ask that kids remain off it.
- For now, we won’t take communion to minimize contact.
- We won’t pass the offering basket but will have an offering box set up to minimize contact.
Under normal circumstances...
We meet on Sundays at 10:15am in the Dorr Township Community Room, 1039 Lake Ave, Woodstock, IL. This is the same building in which the Woodstock Food Pantry is located. It is across from Niko's Red Mill Tavern on Lake Ave.
More information can be found on our What to Expect page.
If you want more information, contact Pastor Mitch via email (email@example.com) or call the church office phone (815-575-9224).