Do you want to lead a worship team or know someone who does?
Good News Church is a church plant that started with a team of five in the summer of 2015. Our mission is to surrender all of life to Jesus and invite others to do the same. We enjoy a blend of old hymns, new hymns, and contemporary worship music.
We are a young church uniquely blessed with a diverse worship team that includes guitar, piano, cajon box drum, bass, vocalists. That being said, our team has limited experience leading worship or being part of a worship team. So there is a great opportunity for someone to step in and develop this group as a team!
Partner with the pastor in leading the congregation to encounter Jesus in the gospel and respond during the worship gathering.
- A man or woman who is intentionally and actively surrendering all of life to Jesus
- Love for God’s people and a passion for leading them to worship God
- Humble, and Teachable - willing to learn, grow, and receive feedback
- Theologically sound (can affirm the EFCA Statement of Faith)
- Lead a congregation in worship instrumentally and vocally
- Work with and train other musicians and vocalists
- Speak in front of people
- Plan a worship service relevant to what’s being preached that day
- Lead, organize, and develop a team of musicians and vocalists
- Shape and develop the church’s liturgy alongside the pastor
- Communicate with and/or meet with the pastor weekly to plan that Sunday’s service
- Compensation for up to 10 hours per week at $20/hour (potential to increase in future)
- Lead most Sundays and make arrangements for someone else to lead if absent
- Available for special services (e.g. Christmas Eve, Good Friday)
- Available from 9:00am-12:00pm on Sunday mornings when leading (10:15 am service)
- At least a 1-year commitment
To apply or to get more information
Please send a resume and an audio or video sample of your worship music (1-3 songs) to Pastor Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact him at (847) 343-4500.